Duke of Edinburgh award
AdventureWorks is a preferred provider of the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme in Australia.
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is a leading structured (non-formal education) youth development program, bringing together practical experiences and life skills to create committed global citizens and equipping young people for life and work
We can train, deliver, supervise and assess award participants for the Adventurous Journey section at bronze, silver and gold levels. We can deliver programs into your school that support the award. Learn More about our school programs here…
We can run adventurous journeys or expeditions for students who are completing the award outside of the school environment
The Award invites young people between the ages of 14 and 24 to participate in a number of activities over a set length of time. Participation is entirely voluntary and is structured so participants can design their own unique program centred around their interests and passions.
The Award is:
- Open to all young people aged between 14 and 25, regardless of their background and circumstances
- About personal development: it is a non-competitive, enjoyable, voluntary and balanced framework, which requires sustained effort over time
- A framework that enables young people to demonstrate self-development that is internationally recognised
- Comprised of three Award levels: Bronze, Silver and Gold – each progressively more challenging
- Comprised of four Sections: Service, Skill, Physical Recreation and Adventurous Journey, and includes a Residential Project at Gold level